Social Emotional Learning
My name is Mikaela Lee and I am the School Social Worker for Lodi Elementary School and Ouisconsing School of Collaboration! I have a masters degree in social work from the University of Madison.
This year my roles include:
- Providing individual counseling, small group, and classroom instruction on topics related to community building and social-emotional skill development (e.g., recognizing and managing emotions, building positive relationships, problem solving, etc.).
- During classroom instruction we will be using second step curriculum to learn:
- skills for learning, (such as focusing your attention and being assertive) Empathy, emotion management, and problem solving skills. More information can be found at https://www.secondstep.org/
- activation keys:
3rd grade: SSP3 FAMI LY73
4th grade: SSP4 FAMI LY74
5th grade: SSP4 FAMI LY75
- Working jointly with school staff to identify any student needs that may interfere with learning. Building on student strengths and developing any needed interventions.
- Working with students and families to develop and support social, emotional and behavioral regulation skills in and outside of the educational setting.